13 March 2012

Hiking around UB

On Sunday I went on a hike with Otgo, her sister and a few of her sister's friends. UB is surrounded by beautiful mountains so it was great to get out of the city and make the most of the last snowfall (I'm assuming..).

It was a beautiful view, apart from the smog cover over UB

We stopped at the top of the hill for a Korean-style BBQ lunch. Otgo's sister's Korean friend cooked up an absolutely delicious meal of meat and fish, with kim chi, rice and noodles. Dessert was bean soup, made from one of my favourite foods- sweet red beans (azuki), a taste for which I acquired in Japan at my weekly tea ceremonies. The dish was completed with fresh snow from the mountain. It was so good that I finished it all, despite it making me even more freezing cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment